Tuesday 13 December 2016

Meeting GOT7 for the first time!! [+RANT]

Hey guys, just a short post to share with y'all about my first time "meeting" GOT7 before I get into my sweet slumber for the night. 


The story goes like this, it's just another Monday during a holiday and my friends and I were just like oh yknow, confirm won't have a lot of adults at Universal Studios Singapore (USS) cause they have work, only tourists and students BUT WE WERE WRONG. Queues were overflowing even at the ticketing counter but luckily there's this kind Indonesian tourist who decided to sell us her extra tickets at a lower price because her friends pangseh-ed her. Poor lady. 

 We eventually got the tickets from her and we entered USS, overflowing with excitement and happiness (which eventually faded away as the attractions become flooded with more people with time).

Since my friends and I are majority KPOPPERs, we were aware of GOT7's very recent concert and fan meet in Singapore. However, we thought they would have gone back to Korea for their schedules because yknow BEING THE FAMOUS KPOP BOY GROUP THEY ARE, and we entered USS with no intention or hope to meet any celebrities today but WE WERE WRONG (again).


Twitter became flooded with tweets by iGOT7s happening to meet GOT7 members outside of USS and even inside. We became hopeful, of course, and thought we could grab a few autographs or pictures with them, but nope, we rather not! 


Having some of my friends being iGOT7s, we stopped queueing for rides at about 4.30pm and decided to start searching for some of the members to catch a glimpse of them or snap a few pictures/videos of them because we really don't want to follow them around with the mob and end up hurting the members, the fans and ourselves. It's best to stay clear of them tbh. I didn't take any pictures but these are screen captures of the videos I took when my friends and I coincidentally met Jinyoung the moment we decided to stop queueing for rides.


iGOT7s who are reading this, don't be mistaken, NO, I wasn't stalking him. It was purely coincidence so I hope y'all don't come bashing me for no reason. Before the video, Jinyoung was standing directly in front of me and apologising to an old man whom he bumped into while exiting the toilet and is now rushing away from other fans to join his members with his manager. Why was he rushing? Basically, these male fans (who are younger than me) followed him into the toilet. I don't know what they did inside but it is clearly unacceptable. Respect your idols man, they're human. 

For the next hour or so, we did not get to meet any other members other than, you guessed it, Jinyoung. Since we didn't have the mood to wait for 40min queues (literally every single ride was at least 40min), we decided to make our way to the exit and along the way, make our season pass which we wanted to. While doing so, surprisingly, we met the free roaming (no one was following him, not even his manager) Jinyoung once again, an empty Starbucks cup in one hand. These are more screen captures from my second video which can only be seen on my Instagram but it's private, oops.


And we thought this was gonna end nicely and calmly for GOT7 since they're going home but NO, WE WERE WRONG (AGAIN). Tens of (sasaeng) fans or probably just busybodies flock to the exit like headless chickens just snapping pictures of other GOT7 members who we didn't get to meet (Yugyeom, Bambam, Jaebum and Mark), crushing them in the process. It was indeed a shocking sight. This is my first time I get to see a fan mob in real life. The heat and annoyance the idols feel must be very unbearable. These are screen captures from the last video I took today of GOT7 before I end my day at USS too. The whole video can be seen on my Twitter.


This is honestly no joke. Do these girls even have a life? You came to USS just to take pictures of and follow your oppas around? Do you think money grow on trees? They seriously need to stop. USS is not a zoo and the idols aren't animals, you don't follow them and take pictures of them like they're the attractions!! If you were part of that mob, or any idol mob in general, really, cut it. You're not affecting your oppa's life, you're affecting everyone around the mob and it's unhealthy.

 Really, can y'all just take a look at how irritated and tired Bambam looked?


Is this really what y'all want your idols to feel about you? They make great music and performances for you all to enjoy and this is what they get in return? Yes, you may think, this is only a small situation, fan sites have done so much great things for them. Really? This affects their opinions about the country's fans too. Do you want other innocent fans to be unfairly treated just because of your selfish and childish behaviours? REFLECT MAN.


GOT7 was so excited to come to SG so I don't think this is a good way to bid them farewell on their last day here. I even remember them wanting to hold a bigger concert next year.

I personally think taking pictures of them is fine because the idols are trained to be used to these phenomenons. But crowding around and following them on their day off from work? NO. If I were a baker, I ain't making no cakes for you on my days off!! They need to rest too y'all know, they're people, human, living things. They need personal space sometimes. Let them rest for gods sake!


Just look at how happy and excited they are on the mummy ride!! Let's not make the idols' lives difficult alright? Even though I'm just a casual fan of their music and not very keen to meet them but I still hope they come again next year.

갓7, 파이팅! 

No comments:

Post a Comment